The Department of Economic Development, Tourism & Environmental Affairs is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. It is our intention to promote representatively (race, gender and disability) in the Department through the filling of this post and candidates whose appointment/promotion/transfer will promote representatively will receive preference.
Vacancies in the Department
Information regarding vacancies in the Department will be updated as and when such vacancies are advertised. Applications must be accompanied by a signed Z83 Application Form and a recent updated comprehensive CV as well as original certified copies of all qualification(s) and ID-document.
- The Department of Economic Development, Tourism & Environmental Affairs is committed to providing equal opportunities and practising affirmative action employment
- It is the Department’s intention to promote equity through the filling of all numeric targets as contained in the Employment Equity Plan. To facilitate this process successfully, an indication of race, gender and disability status is required.
- Please take note that no applications, received after the closing date of the said advertisements, will be considered
- Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA)
- Failure to submit the requested documents will result in your application not being considered
- Please take note that all qualifications are subject to verification
- Successful candidate/s will be appointed on a probationary period of 12 months
- Correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- Please take note that all applications will be subject to reference checks
- The Department reserves the right not to make any appointment in the above post(s)
- Non-SA Citizens must attach a certified copy of proof of permanent residence in South Africa
- Where applicable candidates will be subjected to a skills/knowledge test
The Department of Economic Development, Tourism & Environmental Affairs participates in the Free State provincial bursary scheme. Information can be obtained from the websites of the provincial Department of Education and the Department of the Premier. The awarding of bursaries contributes to the Free State Growth and Development Strategy imperative as per the following;
- Creation of educational opportunities to the historically disadvantage individuals
- Increase of graduates in scarce educational qualifications
- Promote the achievements of the national skills development targets
For the 2012 academic year, the Department has identified the bursary needs as indicated in the below table:
- Degree / Diploma Nature Conservation / Game Management
- Degree / Diploma Zoology or Botany
- Degree / Diploma Environmental Law
- Degree / Diploma Veterinary Science
- Degree / Diploma Ornithology or Mammalogy or Wetland Ecology
- Degree/Diploma Commercial Law or Corporate Law or Company Law
- Degree/Diploma Economics or Research in Economy or Development Economics or Business Development or Entrepreneurship
Strategic Financial Management
- Degree/Diploma Financial Management
Office of the HOD
- Degree / Diploma in Project Management
Annual Invitation to Participate in the Internship Programme. The Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs normally invites applications from unemployed graduates from tertiary institutions (Universities, FET Colleges, etc) who seek practical workplace experiential training in the Public Service to apply for an occupationally – based work experience opportunity.
Through the internship programme, the Department aims to enhance the employability of unemployed graduates (graduates with degrees or diplomas) as potential employees. The internship programme is based on the occupational categories/study fields mentioned below for a period of 12 months (Every Financial Year).